I’m super into pop culture references and puns. I find them humorous and a great way to express personality without going too “out there”, while also occasionally being cryptic as hell in a way that only those who know it will know (e.g. Degrassi references or calling myself a Gladiator/referring to Olivia Pope).
Mad Blog Prompts is a lovechild of that and Mad Libs. It’s a list, rather than a randomizer because I’m lazy and it’s a lot of work keeping up with one. Each prompt has a blank (or more) between brackets you’ll need to fill in, while also referencing popular songs, movies, books, sayings, etc. It’s a great list for anyone who blogs more casually (e.g. lifestyle/personal blogs), but mightn’t work well for you if you prefer optimizing your title with keywords and all that jazz.
- All roads lead to [noun]
- By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you [past tense verb] and [past tense verb]
- Can’t stop this [thing] we started
- I came for the [plural noun], but I’ll stay for [noun]
- I’m not single, I have [noun]!
- In this taboo romance…
- It’s a beautiful day to [action]
- Keeping [pronoun] a secret
- Of [noun] and [noun] (try to use alliterative nouns)
- [Noun] and circumstance (reference; for added affect, choose a noun that rhymes with “pomp”)
- The seven [plural noun] of [proper noun]
- Surprise! I’m still [identifier].
- We bought a [noun]…
- Boots and [noun]
- It takes two to [noun like a verb]
- You can’t [verb] with us
- How to train your [noun, or adjective starting with a D then a noun]
- The fault in our [noun]
- Everybody hates [name/noun]
- Say something I’m giving up on [thing]
- How to get away with [thing]
It’s also a short list, but it is what it is. Do you have any to add? 😊
If you loved this post, please share or buy me a pretzel: