Getting lost in time via watching movies has proven to be rather tranquil for me and has been a lovely way for me to lose myself for a long period of time and not have to directly worry about anything. It’s been nice.
- Side Effects — This is a movie Bri and I were going to watch in theaters when it came out and we couldn’t decide on something. We didn’t, though. It’s super confusing at times, and it’s one of those movies that made me want to just solve all the problems. However, the ending is a huge twist. Don’t read any reviews on it; luckily for me, the first Netflix review I read advised not to “read anything further about it than the Netflix description of the movie because it’ll give it away. The advertising for this movie was minimal, which is perfect.”
Therefore, no comparisons. 😉
- The Rebound — I was looking around the comedy section of Netflix because the romance section wasn’t something I was interested in. I expected a comedy, which it was, but it was more of a romantic comedy with more romance than comedy. Still, it was a great movie.
Similar movies: The Breakup, No Strings Attached
- Flypaper — Patrick Dempsey stars as an obsessive (possibly compulsive) who analyzes every single second of the two bank robberies taking place at once. Slowly, but surely, he solves the case piece by piece. It’s both a comedy and an action movie.
Similar movies: Man of the House, Red
- Assassination of a High School President — This movie was weird. With that said, I don’t think I’ll be watching it again simply because of the weirdness. I don’t know if it was a good or a bad movie.
Similar movies: Nancy Drew, Harriet the Spy: Blog Wars
- White House Down — I’m actually quite disappointed in this movie simply because the previews gave me the impression that it’d be a hilarious parody of Olympus Has Fallen. Instead, it had some funny parts, but I felt more worried about what would happen. Nevertheless, it was still a good movie. The similarity between the two is also apparently a mere coincidence, and I assume director Roland Emmerich made the trailer have a more hilarious approach due to the seriousness and tension that was in Olympus Has Fallen. Both have super hot actors and really great casting as well, SO if it’s your kind of thing, you should watch it. :p
If you loved this post, please share or buy me a pretzel: